Chakras - The 7 Chakras and Their Basics
You probably have heard about chakras. But, did you ever question what are chakras? Or, do you find the concept of chakras confusing? Or, have you not quite understood these chakra meanings and their role in your life?
As you already know that the entire universe is made of energy, and the same goes for your body too. There are seven different energy centers within our body and each of these powerful energy centers carries a unique vibrational frequency. Understanding if not deeply but a basic knowledge of the chakras in the body can enhance your life and its health in many surprising ways.
The good thing is everyone can work with chakras, and it's not just limited to only experts. So, let’s get a detailed overview of what these chakra healing means.
What is a Chakra?
The origin of the Chakras can be traced back to ancient Hindu and Buddhist traditions. Chakras, in yogic philosophy, often translated as wheel or circle or disk, are energy centers within the human body.
The 7 chakras are positioned throughout your body, starting from the base of your spine and going all the way to the crown of your head. Each chakra has its own vibrational frequency, governing color, and governs specific functions in the body. These invisible wheels of energy regulate all parts of your bodily system, influencing everything from resistance to diseases to emotional processing. All in all, balanced chakras keep us healthy and vibrant.
The 7 Chakras and Their Basics
It is important to become aware of the 7 chakras in the body as it can help in detecting any deeply-rooted issues in the body before they come to the surface. If you locate and analyze the chakras you can help heal old emotional and physical wounds. Here is a look at the 7 Chakras and how they are connected with our body and mind.
Name List of Chakras:
- Root Chakra (Muladhara)
- The Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana)
- The Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)
- The Heart Chakra (Anahata)
- The Throat Chakra (Visuddha)
- The Third Eye Chakra (Ajna)
- Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)
How To Unblock Chakras And Bring A Balance To These Energy Centers In Your Body?
There are many different ways and methods to approach and adapt to unblock and heal chakras. You can use them together or choose one or more that best suits your needs. Here’s a look at some of the most common and most powerful practices:
1. Heal with Meditation
You can follow the below Guided 7 Chakras Meditation that is easy, and yet powerful. It can further be adapted for each chakra.
Follow these simple steps, devoting at least 30 seconds to each chakra to facilitate chakra healing.
- First, make sure you sit in a calm, quiet place. Sit for a few minutes in silence and take a few deep breaths. Let the tension and stress float away from your body. Be in the moment and feel the sensations in your body.
- Bring your attention to the tailbone imagining a vivid red light spinning at its center. Feel it moving and pulsating with your breath.
- Next, shift your attention to the area underneath your navel. This time imagine a warm glowing orange light and notice how it spins and pulsates with each breath.
- Now move your attention a couple of inches above your navel or belly button. This is the place you’ll likely feel love, fear, anxiety, and excitement. Notice and sense an intense yellow light rotating in that spot.
- Then bring your attention up further to the center of your chest where your heart is. Imagine a bright green light. If you feel like placing your palm on this area then do so. Feel the connection with the area now.
- This time focus your attention on your throat, the hollow between your collar bones. Visualize a bright blue light rotating in the area.
- Next, take your attention to the space between your eyebrows, which is your third eye. Imagine a deep indigo light here. Imagine it getting more vivid as it spins.
- Finally, move your attention to the very top of your head. Picture a vibrant violet light shining through the top of your head. Feel like the light is connecting you to the energy of the universe.
2. Heal with Yoga
Balancing the chakras is an ancient practice in India. And yoga has been long used to unblock the chakras and help the people to become attuned to their energy. Practicing chakra yoga helps free the flow of the energy in the body and stimulates each of the imbalanced chakra. There are specific yoga techniques dedicated to each chakra that you can learn and advance.
3. Use Chakra Mantras or Chakra Affirmations
Chakra affirmations or mantras are sounds, words, or phrases that you can chant or recite while meditating for chakras healing.
- Root Chakra: Lam phonetically pronounced Laahm
- Sacral Chakra: Vam phonetically pronounced Vaahm
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Ram phonetically pronounced Raahm
- Heart Chakra: Yam phonetically pronounced Yaahm
- Throat Chakra: Ham phonetically pronounced Haahm
- Third eye Chakra: Om phonetically pronounced Ohmm or Aumm
- Crown Chakra: Contemplative silence
4. Chakra Affirmations:
You can design your own positive chakra balancing affirmations. It can be words or phrases that refer to your personal goals or perceived blockages. Here are a few examples:
- Root Chakra - I am filled with humility. I am enough as I am
- Sacral Chakra - I am sensitive and strong
- Solar Plexus Chakra - I accept myself completely. I accept that I have strengths, and I accept that I have weaknesses
- Heart Chakra - I love and appreciate myself the way I am
- Throat Chakra - My words are becoming clearer
- Third Eye Chakra - I am wise
- Crown Chakra - I am filled with greatness
5. Follow Chakra Diet
Yes, diet is said to play a crucial role in balancing your chakras. You need to identify the chakras that are blocked or out of balance and then depending on the ones that you want to work on, you must eat the following food ingredients:
- Root Chakra: Elderberry, strawberries, tomatoes, raspberries.
- Sacral Chakra: Parsley, oranges, bell peppers.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Chamomile, bananas, lemons.
- Heart Chakra: Lemon balm, green vegetables, green apples.
- Throat Chakra: Sage, blueberries, black currants.
- Third eye Chakra: Spruce, indigo vegetables, eggplant, purple cabbage.
- Crown Chakra: Wholesome food, juices, herbal tea, clean water.
Since you already know that all the seven chakras are represented by a color, make it a habit of combining a wide range of colors in your food. It can be anything from salads, soups, pasta, rice, herbal tea, juice, curry, and much more. This way you can work to balance all of your chakras with every meal you have in the day.
Now that you have gained a general outlook of the chakras, you can start to unblock and balance each of these chakras using these fundamentals. However, taking the guidance of an expert professional would be the best way to approach the healing techniques for chakras.